Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Success and Luck

First of all; what is luck? I am persuaded that no one knows the exact definition of this word. So how can we objectively answer the question if luck has something to do with success?

By and large, luck is often understood as coincidence, lucky and helpful coincidence. Frankly, I don’t believe in coincidence, as I’m persuaded that everything is happening for some reason, so we shouldn’t regret things in our past.

In fact, I don’t know any other “definition” of luck except the one which I have presented above. To my mind, many people use this word without knowledge of its right meaning. For example, somebody achieves something and says “I have luck”, “Luck helped me”, “Luck for very important in that case”, or something similar. But do these people really know, what they said? I think, that using the word “luck” they mean positive circumstances for them. And there I must agree – they are really important and influential. Although, the most important thing is one’s belief in himself, in his abilities and qualities.

Though I have written about salutary circumstances, we can’t rely only on them. Preparation, knowledge of the thing, qualities, talent, will and, as I’ve said, belief are also very important. To sum up, there are many factors which influence success and result of something at all. I believe that more important than thinking about the reasons of success is to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment