Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Large factory near my house


If anybody said to me that a company would build a new large factory somewhere near my house I would be probably against this idea. Of course, it’s different when you just imagine such a possibility and tell your probable reaction from the situation when it is really happening.
Frankly, I don’t know if there are some advantages, I mean real advantages which would persuade me to say “yes” to a factory near my home. Naturally, there would be more opportunities for unemployed people. Then because of taxes, which the factory would pay, our region would be probably richer.

On the other hand, we almost can’t compare the number of advantages with the number of disadvantages. Probably the first disadvantage that comes to your mind is pollution – everyone knows that smoke and other rubbish produced by factories is nothing salubrious. After few years since a factory has become a part of architecture in your town, you would have to probably forget fishing in the local river, swimming would become even more impossible, and because everything in the nature is connected, I am not afraid to say that you would see much fewer animals in parks, forests or places where they used to be before a factory violated their homes. As I said before, air pollution is also nothing pleasant, as nobody wants to live somewhere where smoke is typical local aroma. What’s more we must remember that things manufactured in factories must be somehow transported to other places where they will be sold. In this case many large cars, trucks, trains, ships and other ways of transport are needed. And as a result there would be noise and hasten because of more frequent traffic-jams.

There are much more disadvantages and maybe few more advantages, but these are the main that I see most important. And that would be also my arguments when I have a chance to discuss such a thing with competent people. To sum up, I am definitely against factories in towns or near places where communities of people have their homes as home should be a place where we feel always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment