Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Small town or big city?

I would definitely choose a big city! Probably many people would disagree with me, but I don’t see anything why should be a small town better than a big city.

I adore the atmosphere and energy in big cities. It’s something what you can’t find anywhere else. I like people hastening in the morning and also the nightlife. I am not a type of person who goes to clubs and discos, but if you live in a metropolis there is always a great place to go and something to do. For example some historical places, parks, theatres, cinemas, parties and so forth.

Many people are persuaded that the life in a big city is very exhausting and stressful. In my case it’s absolutely different. It’s as though the city gives me energy and I feel more joyful and positive. Probably it’s because of the atmosphere and the city life at all, because I like it so much; and when you do what you like and live a life you want you always feel happy.

About Cicero it’s said that he drew energy from city – its courts, senate, squares… And because of that he didn’t like to leave Rome. His secretary, Tiro, said about him, he never saw such a city man as Cicero was. And so I absolutely understand him.

Of course, it depends on a person, however, I wouldn’t feel good in a small aloof town, because I would always have a feeling and desire to go to a bigger town to find something what I would missed in a small town. When I am in a large city I feel wonderful and don’t have a need to go somewhere else at that moment.

To sum up, I adore big cities as New York and also big cities with an amazing history as Paris. And I am absolutely sure that I want to live, whole my live, in such a world metropolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment